µSPEed cartridges offer a unique opportunity to revolutionise micro SPE and micro fractionation. Using a one-way check valve, the sample is aspirated through the cartridge and dispensed on to the top of a sorbent bed. Using an analytical syringe, relatively high pressures can be generated meaning sorbents of ≤3µm can be used.
The µSPEed cartridges are like a short HPLC column where separation occurs not just during digital extraction but in the sample cleanup. This results in cleaner sample extractions compared with conventional SPE, compound fractionation, high concentration factors and even LC isocratic and stepped elution for Direct MS Infusion.
- Achieves narrow, low-volume, high concentration elution bands.
- Higher concentration factors with narrow low-volume elution bands, enabling analyte elution in just µLs of solvent. Concentration factors of 1000:1 can be achieved in minutes.
- Does not have the capacity limitations of SPME.
- Reduces or eliminates solvent blowdown because lower elution volumes can be used.
- 3µm media bed for cleaner extracts and better analyte separation capability.
- Can be configured for "analytical" separation, allowing direct connection to an analytical detector (eg. Mass Spectrometer).
- For trace analysis, depending on the matrix, mLs of sample can be extracted and eluted in a few µLs.
Using a one-way check valve, the sample is aspirated through the cartridge into the syringe barrel. Using the high pressure generated by the analytical syringe and under well controlled flow conditions, the sample is pushed through the sorbent bed focusing the analytes onto the top of the sorbent bed. Relatively high pressures can be generated meaning sorbents of ≤3µm are used. Small particle SPE is far more efficient and faster than conventional SPE processes with 50µm particles. µSPEed by ePrep is effectively high resolution SPE.
µSPEed cartridges will revolutionize micoSPE and micro-separations. The µSPEed cartridges perform like a short HPLC column where the flow is always from the top of the sorbent bed. Separation occurs not just during digital extraction but micro-separation and comprehensive sample clean-up are achieved. µSPEed can best be described as high resolution SPE, at a lower overall cost than conventional SPE processes.
3µm sorbents are used giving µSPEed cartridges enormous separation power providing high concentration factors with narrow low-volume clear separation bands enabling analyte elution in just µL of solvent. Concentration factors of 1000:1 can achieved in minutes.
µSPEed cartridges can be used multiple times depending on the sample matrix and SOP requirements. To reuse, aspirate and dispense 100µL organic conditioning solvent multiple times prior to begin the next sequence.